Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Mali Music


A few days ago Rob and I were watching TV and just happened to catch the performance of a new R&B artist named Mali Music. As I listened to him sing his breakout hit, "Beautiful," I was totally moved. I felt my spirit soar -- like I was sitting in church or something. Rob must have also felt it because, just as I was about to comment, he said, "This guy has got to be a believer. It just seems like he's worshipping."

So I did a little research and discovered that sure enough, Mali Music is a gospel artist that has recently crossed over to secular music. And he has absolutely exploded onto the R&B scene. He has joined the ranks of other Christian artists like Lecrae, Paramore, and Switchfoot in choosing to take the gospel beyond the confines of the Christian music genre to a secular audience.

So, this week's blog is short and sweet. I love "Beautiful" and wanted to share it with you. I hope it causes your spirit to soar, too.

(To listen, click on the picture. If for some reason it's not working, click on the link below it.)






No comments:

Post a Comment